Pages

Followers

Friday, March 29, 2013

The Road Ahead

Do you ever watch a makeup tutorial and feel painfully lame because you couldn't possibly duplicate what you've just witnessed? Or how about when you read a recipe for something and your attempt to change up the kind of cookies you make results in your family practically banishing you from a kitchen?

Surely I can't be the only one out there that fails like this! 

Actually, I'm slowly becoming the family chef, but I'll admit: makeup can be a real hit or miss for me. (Seriously, it either comes out dull or vibrant! Still looking for that perfect way to pull off something noticeable yet subtle...) 

Anyways, so it turns out that this blogging thing has been no walk in the park so far. Seriously, I haven't even been back that long and I have more drafts than actual posts! I think one of my biggest issues with writing is that one minute I can't come up with any interesting material when suddenly BOOM - I'm drowning in brilliant ideas! Some of them have absolutely nothing to do with each other, and I guess it's because I couldn't possibly string them together that I wind up never coming back to said drafts.

It's a vicious cycle really, but I think I'm getting better at combating it, so hooray for me one-upping myself!

It's amazing, we aren't even halfway into this year, and so much is already going on. Am I the only one who feels like this? I'd love to hear what other people have been up to that's different from last year's events, or where you're at mentally.

It's funny, I never thought that half-assed "New Year's resolution" I came up with would actually go as far as it has! I told myself that I would try to be more optimistic and less high strung about things, and somehow it's been going better for me than I ever could have imagined, and this is coming from someone who was suspended because I "needed time to cool off"! And honestly, this year has been turning into one of the more difficult ones, and unfortunately I've experienced some ugly things.
If anyone else is going through something, I'm with you. I'm not particularly religious or anything, but my thoughts are always with whoever needs a shoulder to cry on.

I think the most important thing I've gotten out of this year so far is that sometimes we really are our own biggest obstacle. Overcoming the negative part of me while also taking the part of me that wants to experience EVERYTHING in the world with a grain of salt has given me pretty grand results. And even though everything isn't perfect now, something tells me that where I want to be in life will get here that much quicker so long as I'm at least attempting to give myself a chance.

So that makeup tutorial that I'm trying to nail - one day I'll get there! ...I hope.

By the way, feel free to send me YouTube links to people that work well for you guys! I'll definitely take all the help I can get on this one ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment